Lorde was a music recommendation from a coworker last summer & I was immediately hooked. At the time she only had a couple EPs out & I listened to them on repeat constantly. She was my little secret & then Royals hit the radio. Lorde is insanely talented. She has her own unique sound & even more exciting, her own unique look which I really wish I could have pulled off at 17. Hell, she IS who I wanted to be when I was that age. She’s so effortlessly cool & mysterious & I just love her. Click the link below to see the photo that inspired me.
Her makeup looks run along the lines of winged liner, contour, dark lip. Her Grammy look was no exception & I just had to give it a shot! Below is the photo I used as inspiration as well as my step-by-step tutorial & product list. I had so much fun recreating this look & have a feeling this won’t be the last time I wear this lip combination.
Now go listen to Pure Heroine!
- Maybelline Instant Pore Eraser
- Palladio Herbal Foundation – Nude
- Neautrogena Brightening Eye Perfector – Buff
- Revlon Colorstay Aqua Powder – Translucent Light Medium
- Maybelline Gel Liner – Blackest Black
- Maybelline Color Tattoo – Barely Branded
- Makeup Geek eyeshadows – Shimma Shimma, Mocha
- Maybelline Voluminous Butterfly Mascara – Blackest Black
- NYX Blush – Taupe
- RevlonSuper Lustrous Lipstick – Black Cherry
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick – Bordeaux
- Maybelline Eleixir – Caviar Couture