It’s true, I am officially an award winning blog. For being so young & not the best at updating I have to say I am both surprised & honored! My best friend Martine of the incredible blog http://tothewindow.wordpress.com/ nominated me and of course, I accepted. She is a much better blogger than I, and it is great to have such a loving & supportive friend especially considering that she lives many miles away. Visit her page for her hilarious takes on pop culture, every day life & all the things us 20 somethings are encountering during this funny, in-between time of our lives (she’s also amazing in the kitchen so you should make every recipe she posts…you’ll thank me later). Martine always says it how she sees it and often in a way that makes you feel like you’re just chatting with a friend reading her posts. Check her out!
Ripped right out of Martine’s page, this is how the awards work:
“- Someone nominates your blog for the award, To accept the award, it’s nice if you link back to the person who nominated you as a way to say thanks (see above), you then have to give 11 facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions your nominator posed to you (see below), and, last but not least, you nominate 11 other blogs who have less than 2,000 followers. (Numbers have changed a bit since the award origination- it used to be blogs with under 3,000 followers, now it’s under 200… Or 2,000… You pick!), You shouldn’t nominate the person who nominated you, but you should let the blogs you nominate know they have been nominated.”
So now on to the facts…
1. When I was little I used to wake up in the middle of the night & sneak into the bathroom to play with my mother’s makeup and perfumes. I thought I was being so sneaky but she could always tell when I had planted myself on the bathroom counter the night before, covered in bits of makeup & smelling like a grown woman.
2. I have a very large, complicated family – 1 sister, 1 half brother, 1 half sister, 2 step sisters, a mom, dad and stepmom.
3. I am a singer. It’s not something I advertise or hardly ever do in public but it’s something that I absolutely love doing (mostly in the car & shower). To hear some Christmas covers, visit pecansandies.bandcamp.com
4. I have been dating my boyfriend for 5 years & am fortunate enough to live with him and his parents in the most beautiful home in the most beautiful place on earth.
5. I love cats. LOVE. I’m everyone’s cat lady friend and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Ask to follow me on Instagram for photos of every day life but mostly photos of my beloved kitties. Username: AmberRaeAnderson
6. I’m all about smells. I smell all food & drink before consuming it, I am constantly burning scented candles and have a real affection for perfumes.
7. Like Martine, I am also a list maker. If I am ever stressed or anxious about a trip, have many tasks to accomplish or ideas in my head I jot it down in a list and instantly feel better. I am also mildly insane and will organize grocery lists based on where they are located in the store.
8. I played the flute in high school and dabbled with bass guitar. I played in the marching band and once played a hardcore rock show with my boyfriend, who was just a friend at the time.
9. I have been dying my hair since I was 14. My mother even joined in on the fun and we would choose random colors together and spend the night coloring our locks crazy colors.
10. I have traveled to Montreal and New Jersey to see musicians that I love. I’m a dedicated fan of live music! Nothing beats going to a show, it’s one of the most fulfilling things in life to me.
11. I never make plans for my life & so far, it’s all worked out. I randomly picked a college, fell into a major and was lucky enough to land a job through an internship I Googled. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one who doesn’t know where I want to be in 2, 5 or 10 years but that’s just not how I roll. I take life as it comes because you just can’t plan some things, you know?
Questions from Martine:
1. Describe your blog in 3 words. All things beauty
2. What is one thing you wish you were able to do more of? Travel! Read, see my siblings.
3. When was your last vacation and where did you go? I went to Philly in December to see The Early November play a 10 year anniversary show for one of their albums. It was an amazing experience being in a room full of people who feel as passionately as you do about the music. It was recorded for a live DVD, I can’t wait to relive it!
4. If you had $1,000 to donate to any charity, which one would you donate to? I would donate to a local non-profit women’s organization. Women’s issues are a passion, particularly Domestic Violence which is part of what I do for a living.
5. What’s your favorite restaurant (and where is it)? Solstice in Kingston, MA. It is pricey but it is worth every single penny. Incredible American dishes always with a twist.
6. What’s one of your guilty pleasures? Night time snacking..
7. How do you feel about your birthday? It’s not as big of a deal to me anymore. I use it more as an excuse to get my friends together for a night out. This year I saw the latest Muppet movie, went bowling & had scorpion bowls.
8. What’s your favorite city? Washington DC. I only visited once for a few days but my boyfriend and I fell in love with it.
9. If money was no object, what would you do tomorrow? Iwould go cross country to the west coast…I’ve never seen the Pacific! I would also go buck wild in Sephora and purchase everything on my Wish List. Obviously.
10. What’s at the top of your bucket list? I don’t have a bucket list…is that bad?
11. If you could give your 16 year old self one piece of advice, what would it be? Relax! Take time to be a kid, make stupid decisions and don’t feel like you have to cater to everyone else around you. Do things that make YOU happy.
So that’s IT! Thank you Martine for including me in this, it was fun to write a little bit about myself and hopefully give you more exposure cause you deserve it, girl! I hope you all enjoyed learning a little bit more about me. xx