Even though my love for getting ready for a night out is deep and true and pure and I like to take my time, that certainly doesn’t always happen. This video is case in point and rears it’s head towards the end as I am delicately clutching a lash letting the glue get tacky while highlighting my face… listen, it’s real life and I know we have all been there. I really, really like the way the makeup turned out even though getting there wasn’t the most relaxing experience of my life.
Let’s talk about the palette itself for a second, shall we? Shaaanxo has become a serious addiction for me over the last, I don’t know, maybe year. I watch her daily vlogs, regular beauty videos and follow her on Snapchat. I find her to be super talented, refreshingly honest, hardworking and also happens to be a dime. So when she released this palette, it was a no-brainer…I needed it and I needed it yesterday.
The Good: As I mention in the video, many of the shadows remind me of Makeup Geek shades, which isn’t a bad thing. The colors are pretty and work well together. They especially come to life with some Fix+ spray.
The Bad: I do have a couple complaints, however. I had a lot of fall out the first few times I used the shadows and still experience mild fall out but that’s not a deal breaker. I also wish there was a more neutral transition shade, as the mustard shade is a bit bright on my light skin for day to day wear. If there was a brown I would probably never use another palette again. The lipsticks are beautiful but do not appear in the lips as they do on the pan.
- NYX Soft Focus Primer
- Maybelline Fit Me Dewy + Smooth Foundation – 110 Porcelain
- Revlon ColorStay Foundation – 180 Sand Beige
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer – 10 Light
- NYX HD Studio Photogenic Finishing Powder
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Color – Medium
- MAC Prep + Prime 24 Hour Extend Eye Base
- Shaaanxo Palette
- MAC Fix+ Spray
- NYX Tres Jolie Gel Pencil Liner – Black
- Ardell Lashes – Naturals #124
- NYX Lip Pencil – Natural
- Benefit Roller Lash Mascara
- Makeup Geek Contour Powder – Break Up
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray