Taylor Swift’s makeup is always on point. That girl has been flawlessly rocking a red lip pretty much on the daily for a couple years now, so she’s living the dream. Her latest video is no exception…glossy red lip, cat eye + simple skin. I recreated the look using all drugstore products, all things that you can easily pick up at Target, CVS, Rite Aid, wherever! Taylor’s video will be down below as well so you can check out what may be her most artsy creation yet.
- L’Oreal Infallible Makeup Extender Setting Spray
- Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup – 200 Sand Beige
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer – Light
- Revlon ColorStay Aqua – Light/Medium
- Maybelline The Nudes Palette
- NYX Blush – Taupe
- Rimmel Glam Eyes Liquid Liner – Black
- L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes – Blackest Black
- Maybelline Master hi-Light Blush – Nude
- NYX Lip Liner – Burgundy
- Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stain – New York Scene
For this look, I practiced what I preach…I was bold + went outside my comfort zone! I was watching a Jaclyn Hill tutorial recently + she was wearing lashes by a brand called Lashes by Lena. They. Were. STUNNING! On JH’s big, beautiful eyes they looked so soft and lush. And there was a coupon code. Queue me racing to the website to buy my very own pair of Bianca style lashes. In the box, they don’t look like anything insane. But on my tiny eyes, oh honey! They are a commitment. I was shocked when I applied them. I was tempted to take them off but then I thought, screw it, let’s just finish off the look + see how I feel. And let me tell you, I ended up loving them. I wore them for the rest of my day, including a stare-filled trip to the grocery store (they don’t bite, people!). Once I trimmed them to fit my eye size, they were great. But every time I looked down, I could definitely notice them on my eyes + I could feel them. Maybe it’s just my inexperience with lashes, who knows, but I will definitely be pulling them out for special occasions in the future.
In addition to a big, fluttery lash I went for glowy skin, cause who doesn’t want that?! Using light infusing primers, a damp sponge + cream products help to accomplish a lovely, healthy dewiness. For the lips I chose an insanely long wearing liquid lipstick by Stila in the shade Beso. You can easily adapt the look + use whatever colors your heart desires!
- L’Oreal Magic Lumi Primer
- Revlon Photoready Foundation – 003 Shell
- MAC Prolongwear Foundation – NW20
- NYX Liquid Illuminator – Sunbeam
- Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
- Maybelline Define-a-Brow – Medium Brown
- Maybelline Brow Drama – Deep Brown
- Makeup Geek eyeshadows – Beaches & Cream, Latte, Mocha
- Maybelline Gel Liner – Blackest Black
- Tarte Gifted Mascara
- Stila All Over Shimmer – Kitten
- NYX Cream Blush – Natural
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick – Beso
If you’re still stumped as to what you’re going to slap on your faces come Christmas Eve + Christmas Day, look no further. Here are a few looks that you can easily pull off using whatever you have in your makeup drawers! These looks are less about the actual products I’m using and more about the concept or the technique being used. You don’t need the same exact eye shadows or lipsticks, use what you have + what makes you feel the most beautiful. If you recreate any, please use the hashtag #AmberRaeBeauty on Instagram or post photos on my Facebook page!
I hope you all have happy, safe + loving Holidays. Keep your eyes peeled for a few more videos before the end of 2014, including a collaboration! xoxo