I love me some Essie Button, aka Estee. She is a down to earth, hilarious, genuine + talented Canadian who has been living in London for the last four or five years. Whenever I watch her videos, I feel like I am catching up with an old friend + just hanging out. She posted this photo to Instagram and I thought DAMN I have to recreate this look! Estee’s makeup is usually on the more natural side but she does love a good bright lip and that’s exactly what this look is all about. I used products that I know she has and loves, including the Honey Bronzer by The Body Shop (I picked it up because of her!), the bareMinerals base + the Maybelline Dark Circle Eraser Concealer.
Used Flash when snappin’ pics of this makeup look, FYI!
- Too Faced HanoveRx Replenishing Face Primer
- Benefit Puff Off!
- bareMinerals Complexion Rescue – Vanilla 02
- Maybelline Dark Circle Eraser
- Maybelline Fit Me COnealer – 10 Light
- Revlon Naked Skin Powder – 020 Light
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz – Chocolate
- Maybelline Color Tattoo – Creamy Beige
- Tarte Gifted Mascara
- The Body Shop Honey Bronzer – 01
- Makeup Geek Blush – Bliss
- Maybelline Master Hi-Light Blush – 10 Nude
- Rimmel Show Off Lip Velvet Matte -Orange-Ology
Lorde was a music recommendation from a coworker last summer & I was immediately hooked. At the time she only had a couple EPs out & I listened to them on repeat constantly. She was my little secret & then Royals hit the radio. Lorde is insanely talented. She has her own unique sound & even more exciting, her own unique look which I really wish I could have pulled off at 17. Hell, she IS who I wanted to be when I was that age. She’s so effortlessly cool & mysterious & I just love her. Click the link below to see the photo that inspired me.
Her makeup looks run along the lines of winged liner, contour, dark lip. Her Grammy look was no exception & I just had to give it a shot! Below is the photo I used as inspiration as well as my step-by-step tutorial & product list. I had so much fun recreating this look & have a feeling this won’t be the last time I wear this lip combination.
Now go listen to Pure Heroine!
- Maybelline Instant Pore Eraser
- Palladio Herbal Foundation – Nude
- Neautrogena Brightening Eye Perfector – Buff
- Revlon Colorstay Aqua Powder – Translucent Light Medium
- Maybelline Gel Liner – Blackest Black
- Maybelline Color Tattoo – Barely Branded
- Makeup Geek eyeshadows – Shimma Shimma, Mocha
- Maybelline Voluminous Butterfly Mascara – Blackest Black
- NYX Blush – Taupe
- RevlonSuper Lustrous Lipstick – Black Cherry
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick – Bordeaux
- Maybelline Eleixir – Caviar Couture