When I saw this video by Jaclyn Hill, I low key lost my mind. Not only were the new matte shades by Makeup Geek gorgeous, but I owned the very shimmery green and purple shadows she was using on her lid (insert happy dance!). It took me juuuuust about 12 hours to re-create the look and I am SO GLAD I did! I obviously don’t have the MUG mattes yet (they don’t come out until later this week), so I used what I had already, mixing and applying, praying the results would yield something similar to my girl JH. The green is a duochrome called Secret Garden and to be honest, I had no clue how I was going to make this shadow work but Jaclyn showed me the way with sandy browns, purples and even some poppy pink.
My version is below…I tweeted it (@AmberRae) and was stunned when Marlena herself RT’d it! I have been freaking out on the inside pretty much all day about it. I didn’t edit these at all, sometimes I will play with light to show true pigmentation but I didn’t need to for these. I hope you guys enjoy, and if you’d like a tutorial on this look let me know and I would be more than happy to film it for you! xoxo
- L’Oreal Magic Lumi Primer
- L’Oreal True Match Lumi w1-2, W3
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer – Light Neutral
- Kat Von D Shade + Light Palette – Pink and a little Yellow to set Under Eye
- Makeup Geek Shadows – Barcelona Beach, Chickadee, Mango Tango, Razzleberry, Caitlin Rose + Secret Garden
- Smashbox Eye Shadow – Orchid
- Rimmel Liner – Nude
- CoverGirl Super Sizer Mascara
- Ardell Short Individual Lashes
- Anastasia Brow Wiz – Dark Brown
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer
- NARS Blush – Orgasm
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed – Champagne Pop
- The Balm’s Meet Matt(e) Hughes – Committed
- NYX Finishing Spray – Dewy
But that doesn’t mean I don’t have you covered when it comes to green eye looks to wear out tonight! Hopefully these videos inspire you to rock some color on your eyes whether you’re enjoying a quiet boiled dinner at home or hitting the town for some adult beverages. Have fun + of course, be safe!
Be bold with this Dramatic green cat eye.
This may have been filmed during holiday season but that doesn’t mean it isn’t a gorgeous green smokey look that can be worn anytime!
If you like a more subtle approach to green that’s still interesting + very wearable, go with this look.
How’s that title for some alliteration? Lady Gaga looked absolutely stunning at the Grammy’s this year. She went for a very classic look in a gorgeous sparkly dress that was quite deep cut, a platinum gray wig + a beautiful green and silver cat eye. Recreating this look was actually quite difficult! It took a lot of blending + adding color, and I had to spray my brushes with MAC Fix+ a few times to try to really intensify the colors. Also, how about that performance?! Perfection. She put a red lip on to sing with Tony + she totally nailed the sassy jazz singer look.
- NYX Infinite Shadow Stick – Blackout
- Smashbox Studio Pop Eye Palette – Nude, Emerald, Lunar, Obsidian
- NARS Sheer Glow Foundation – Mont Blanc
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer – Light
- Sonia Kashuk Undetecable Cream Bronzer – Warm Tan
- Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
- Makeup Geek Blush – Bliss
- Maybelline Define-A-Brow – Medium Brown
- Maybelline Brow Drama – Deep Brown
- Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara – Jet Black
- NYX Lip Pencil – Natural
- NYX Butter Gloss – Apple Strudel or Maple Blondie (don’t remember!!)
- L’Oreal Infallible Makeup Extender Setting Spray
- MAC Fix+