It’s that time of the year again, back to school! Which forever reminds me of this scene from Billy Madison. Anyways, I teamed up with Cool Down Blog to bring you a simple Back to School Makeup look & have a chat with you about skin care. Check out the blog post in full riiiiiight here + watch the video below!
Even though my love for getting ready for a night out is deep and true and pure and I like to take my time, that certainly doesn’t always happen. This video is case in point and rears it’s head towards the end as I am delicately clutching a lash letting the glue get tacky while highlighting my face… listen, it’s real life and I know we have all been there. I really, really like the way the makeup turned out even though getting there wasn’t the most relaxing experience of my life.
Let’s talk about the palette itself for a second, shall we? Shaaanxo has become a serious addiction for me over the last, I don’t know, maybe year. I watch her daily vlogs, regular beauty videos and follow her on Snapchat. I find her to be super talented, refreshingly honest, hardworking and also happens to be a dime. So when she released this palette, it was a no-brainer…I needed it and I needed it yesterday.
The Good: As I mention in the video, many of the shadows remind me of Makeup Geek shades, which isn’t a bad thing. The colors are pretty and work well together. They especially come to life with some Fix+ spray.
The Bad: I do have a couple complaints, however. I had a lot of fall out the first few times I used the shadows and still experience mild fall out but that’s not a deal breaker. I also wish there was a more neutral transition shade, as the mustard shade is a bit bright on my light skin for day to day wear. If there was a brown I would probably never use another palette again. The lipsticks are beautiful but do not appear in the lips as they do on the pan.
- NYX Soft Focus Primer
- Maybelline Fit Me Dewy + Smooth Foundation – 110 Porcelain
- Revlon ColorStay Foundation – 180 Sand Beige
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer – 10 Light
- NYX HD Studio Photogenic Finishing Powder
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Color – Medium
- MAC Prep + Prime 24 Hour Extend Eye Base
- Shaaanxo Palette
- MAC Fix+ Spray
- NYX Tres Jolie Gel Pencil Liner – Black
- Ardell Lashes – Naturals #124
- NYX Lip Pencil – Natural
- Benefit Roller Lash Mascara
- Makeup Geek Contour Powder – Break Up
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
Visit my post over on the Cool Down Blog for all the deets! Today’s video is all about taking your makeup from day to night by adding a few steps that transform the look easily.
It’s fair to say that I am a Katy Perry enthusiast – I consume everything she creates immediately, often & with great enthusiasm. I got to see her on her Prismatic World Tour and it was the perfect blend of actually amazing singing, humor, sass & entertainment. I knew she had been a part of the CoverGirl family for a little while now but she hadn’t put her name on anything until now – a collection of lipsticks called Katy Kat mattes. Naturally, I started hunting for them the second I knew they were in existence and after a few weeks of searching my dreams came true. I came home right after finding them and filmed this. Unfortunately I don’t have an endless supply of makeup money so I was only able to pick up three shades this trip but I plan on expanding the collection.
I was able to get my hands on Coral Cat, Kitty Purry and Perry Panther. After wearing the two more wearbale shades I do have some observations. Kitty Purry, the muted purple shade, is the most matte of the three I grabbed. It dries down nicely and doesn’t feel terribly drying. Coral Cat is forever creamy on the lips, though it does appear matte after some wear time. Perry Panther hasn’t occupied my lips much given that I work a full time job where a black lip doesn’t really fit in with the aesthetic., but I did find that it was a VERY easy dark shade to work with – it is opaque without being patchy and glided easily over my lips. So far so good!
To say I’m excited about this is a total understatement…here’s my latest collaboration with the Cool Down Blog!
This is the final look:
If we are being completely honest, I am a woman who highly covets sleep. I am a night owl that could stay up until who knows when and sleep until well after the sun comes up. Needless to say, the morning and I are not pals. I do a lot of things to make sure I can get a few extra zzzzz’s in the a.m., which is not limited to styling my hair the night before, choosing an outfit and even planning my makeup. Don’t tell me I am the only one to do the latter…right?
Anyways, I have recently gotten into a bit of a groove when it comes to the latter and that’s what I’m sharing with you today! A defined crease, a pretty lower lash line, a wing and some simple lips. This is perfect for work and for the days we just can’t be bothered. To amp this up, add lashes and a fun lip. See? Easy peasy.
- Too Faced HangoveRx Replenishing Primer
- CoverGirl Ready, Set Gorgeous Foundation – 120
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer – Light Neutral
- Anastasia Brow Wiz – Dark Brown
- Makeup Geek eye shadows – Beaches & Cream, Barcelona Beach, Preppy
- Makeup Geek Foiled eye shadow – Grandstand
- L’Oreal Gel Liner – Blackest Black
- CoverGirl Super Sizer Mascara
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow Palette
- MAC Blush – Warm Soul
- Rimmel Stay Glossy Lip Gloss – Lucidalabbra
When I first started watching YouTube, it didn’t take long to discover the adorable Zoella, aka Zoe Sugg. Everyone already knows who I am talking about, of course (she just hit 9 million subs, are you kidding me?!). Luckily, we share a love for Rimmel lipstick in 107 and can’t resist pairing it with a gold eye. Zoe recently shared a tutorial featuring a similar look and it inspired me to do one of my own. This lipstick gives me all the fall feels, and is perfect for this time of year.
- Too Faced HangoveRx Replenishing Face Primer
- Tarte Colored Clay CC Undereye Corrector – Light-Medium
- L’Oreal True Match Lumi in W3 + CoverGirl Ready Set Gorgeous in 120
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Concealer – Light
- Anastasia Brow Wiz – Dark Brown
- L’Oreal Brow Plumper – Medium to Dark
- Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
- Milani Eye Shadow Primer
- Colour Pop Cosmetics Eyeshadows – Cornelius, Kathleenlights, Blaze
- J Cat Beauty #MOTD Waterproof Slide on Pencil for Eyes – Bronze
- Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner – Black
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner – Trooper
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara – Blackest Black
- Makeup Geek Eye Shadow – Bling
- Revlon PhotoReady Skinlights – 100 Bare Light
- Benefit Bronzer – Hoola
- Doll 10 Hydragel Blush – Flirt
- NYX Lip Liner – Burgundy
- Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick – 107
- Makeup Geek Blush – Spell Bound