I have started re-watching Mad Men, in it’s entirety, much to my boyfriend’s dismay. While I am getting ready in the morning, when he’s playing a video game, filming…it is always on. Netflix continuously proves why it is my number one bae. I don’t hate myself for using that word because it’s the most fitting. ANYWAYS! I am one of those insane, voracious information gatherers when it comes to people I like, whether they are actors, musicians, comedians, friends. I like details, I like knowing why people are who they are and how they got there. That kind of history helps provide context that helps to figure out the human as they are in front of you. I was clearly meant to be an Anthropology major.
In my attempt to be a real consumer of all things Mad Men years later, I dug into what YouTube had to offer, which included this interview of January Jones on Jimmy Fallon and I was blown away by her makeup. So, I did my own version! I am all about unexpected combinations & this certainly fits the bill.
- NYX First Base Setting Spray
- Becca Backlit Priming Filter
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye – Neutral Medium
- L’Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup – Sand Beige W5
- RCMA No Color Powder
- Anastasia Dip Brow – Medium Brown
- Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer
- Milani Blush – Luminoso
- Becca Champagne Glow Palette – Prosecco Pop & Champagne Pop
- MAC Prep + Prime 24-Hour Extend Eye Base
- Makeup Geek Eye Shadows – Mirage, Mermaid
- Benefit’s They’re Real! Mascara
- Colour Pop Lip Primer
- MAC lipstick – Sounds Like Noise
- Rimmel Gloss
- Supergoop! Defense Refresh Setting Mist SPF 50
Even though my love for getting ready for a night out is deep and true and pure and I like to take my time, that certainly doesn’t always happen. This video is case in point and rears it’s head towards the end as I am delicately clutching a lash letting the glue get tacky while highlighting my face… listen, it’s real life and I know we have all been there. I really, really like the way the makeup turned out even though getting there wasn’t the most relaxing experience of my life.
Let’s talk about the palette itself for a second, shall we? Shaaanxo has become a serious addiction for me over the last, I don’t know, maybe year. I watch her daily vlogs, regular beauty videos and follow her on Snapchat. I find her to be super talented, refreshingly honest, hardworking and also happens to be a dime. So when she released this palette, it was a no-brainer…I needed it and I needed it yesterday.
The Good: As I mention in the video, many of the shadows remind me of Makeup Geek shades, which isn’t a bad thing. The colors are pretty and work well together. They especially come to life with some Fix+ spray.
The Bad: I do have a couple complaints, however. I had a lot of fall out the first few times I used the shadows and still experience mild fall out but that’s not a deal breaker. I also wish there was a more neutral transition shade, as the mustard shade is a bit bright on my light skin for day to day wear. If there was a brown I would probably never use another palette again. The lipsticks are beautiful but do not appear in the lips as they do on the pan.
- NYX Soft Focus Primer
- Maybelline Fit Me Dewy + Smooth Foundation – 110 Porcelain
- Revlon ColorStay Foundation – 180 Sand Beige
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer – 10 Light
- NYX HD Studio Photogenic Finishing Powder
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Color – Medium
- MAC Prep + Prime 24 Hour Extend Eye Base
- Shaaanxo Palette
- MAC Fix+ Spray
- NYX Tres Jolie Gel Pencil Liner – Black
- Ardell Lashes – Naturals #124
- NYX Lip Pencil – Natural
- Benefit Roller Lash Mascara
- Makeup Geek Contour Powder – Break Up
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
Visit my post over on the Cool Down Blog for all the deets! Today’s video is all about taking your makeup from day to night by adding a few steps that transform the look easily.
Hey guys! I was genuinely kind of in a rush had to do my makeup, no time to play around. I had to go with a standby look so I obviously stuck with neutrals and a cat eye, topped off with a festive Sox red lip! Even though we lost, I still had a pretty silly time drinking Sam’s Summer, wolfing down a Fenway Frank and dancing to alllll the up-at-bat songs. I have listed the products below! xoxo
- NYX Soft Focus Primer
- EX1 Foundation – 100 AND Makeup Forever HD – 117
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer – Light Neutral
- MAC Prolongwear Concealer – NW20
- NYX HD Studio Photogenic Finishing Powder – Transluscent
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz – Dark Brown
- L’Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper Brow Gel – Medium to Dark
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadows – Mirage, Beaches & Cream, Latte, Brown Sugar
- Jordana Cat Eye Liner – Brown
- Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector – Champagne Pop
- MAC Mineralize Blush – Warm Soul
- MAC Prep + Prime Lip
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil – Cruella
- Pantene Airspray
Invincible – Deaf Kev
To say I’m excited about this is a total understatement…here’s my latest collaboration with the Cool Down Blog!
This is the final look:
Lisa Eldridge is the makeup goddess of all makeup goddesses, in my opinion. She is brilliant, having worked on countless clients (Kate Winslet is her bestie), appeared in magazines and on runways + currently serves as the Makeup Creative Director at Lancome. I love her philosophy of less is more and how fresh and modern all of her looks are. I think you can tell by now how much I admire this woman. Every film she puts out, I watch! I especially liked one that I am sharing with you today about how to achieve a long-wearing lip. The technique is great and I thought I would quickly show you how you can get it with any lip color you want. Even after the bulk of your lip color has worn off, your lips should still be beautifully stained.
Eucerin Aquaphor Ointment
NYX Lip Liner – Deep Red
NARS Audacious Lipstick – Bette
Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer – Light Neutral
Nails: Essie’s Virgin Snow
Fantasy – Alina Baraz & Galimatias